Dental crowns cost anywhere between $900.00 and $1600.00 each depending on the tooth to being restored. In addition, the cost will vary depending on materials, complexity and the dentist’s training and experience and to some degree the location of the practice. Insurance may pay part of a crown’s cost if it’s obviously needed for medical reasons, but usually crowns are covered only on a limited basis per year. Depending on the customers’ needs and wishes, partial and full crowns made of various materials may be utilized. Crowns are made of gold, porcelain, resin or porcelain-fused-to-non-precious-metal. A tooth-shaped cap (the crown) covers the entire surface of a tooth, adding strength, durability and stability. This usually requires two office visits; first to prepare the tooth, make an impression and install a temporary crown. The impression is sent to a dental laboratory or manufactured in-house with the use of a CAD aided milling machine to create the permanent crown, which is installed during the second appointment.
There’s often an initial office visit ($65-$102) and X-rays ($85-$135). One must not forget that there are additional costs that contribute to the overall price involved in crowns, aside from the material and type of crown chosen which are beyond the patient’s control. A large share of undervalued costs goes toward the treatment itself, lab and production costs for the crown, aftercare and the like.
Dental care on a whole is often considered expensive, but with proper care a crown may last 10 or more years. Depending upon the general wear and tear a crown is exposed to and how well you keep your teeth free of plaque, it could last indefinitely. With somewhere between 10 years and indefinitely, the investment becomes rather modest, if not inexpensive.
If we can be of service or answer any of your questions please do not hesitate to give us a call.
Novy Scheinfeld, DDS, PC
290 Carpenter Drive, 200A
Atlanta (Sandy Springs), GA 30328
- · Dentist Dunwoody: Dental Emergency? Physician or Dentist? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- · Dentist Woodstock, GA: The future of Implant Dentistry is now. (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- · Dentist Woodstock, GA: What you probably don’t know about Cosmetic Dentists (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- · Dentist Sandy Springs: How Much do Veneers Cost? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- · Dentist Roswell: How Much Do Teeth Cleanings Cost? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- · Dentist East Cobb: How much do dental implants cost? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)