Dental implants are stronger and more durable than their restorative counterparts such as bridges, partials and dentures. And from an esthetic standpoint, they look and feel more natural, some of which is due to the progress made in their biocompatible development. Implants offer the patient a permanent solution to tooth and continued bone loss. Additionally, implants may be used in conjunction with other restorative procedures for maximum effectiveness in that a single implant may serve to support a dental crown replacing a single missing tooth. Implants can also be used to support a dental bridge for the replacement of multiple missing teeth, and can be used with complete dentures, where implants are used to increase stability and preserve bone structure.
Procedural advancements mean that a larger population than ever before are finding themselves candidates for dental implants. While application and candidacy for implantation varies on a case by case basis, meaning that your dentist needs to determine the viability of implants as it applies to your actual bone structure. Keep in mind, a general dentist may perform the crown and bridge placement that is associated with implant restorations, prosthodontists are the ADA sanctioned specialists who have received post-doctorate training are most often your best bet for the successful completion of this type of technique sensitive procedure. If we can ever be of help please don’t hesitate to call or comment so we can answer your questions.
Novy Scheinfeld, DDS, PC
ZoAnna Bock, MS, DMD
Hanna Orland, DMD
290 Carpenter Drive, 200A
3781 Chamblee Dunwoody Road
Chamblee, GA 30341
- Dentist Buckhead: Too much information – about dental implants!! (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Buckhead: What you probably don’t know about Cosmetic Dentists (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Dunwoody: Too much information – about dental implants!! (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Buckhead: Why you might be better off seeing a Prosthodontist (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Buckhead: How Often Should I See the Dentist? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Buckhead: Brush and Floss if you want to keep ’em. (therightsmile.wordpress.com)