Our mission is to educate you about oral health and sometimes it’s a bit dry, but you need to know enough to participate in the decision making process. So…. here’s some of what you should know about implant brands:
Dental implants are made by various manufacturers, but the most widely used are:
- Nobel Biocare – a leading company globally producing of dental bridges, implants and crowns. With their home office in Sweden, they offer a fully integrated line of implants, bridges and crowns for advanced techniques into tooth reconstruction-‘ providing dental professionals with state-of-the-art evidence-based tooth-to-root solutions’.
- Zimmer – based in Indiana, Zimmer is known for their innovative prosthetics and regenerative products. They offer implants of all types noted for their suitability in general practice, periodontitis, prosthodontics and oral surgery. Their most common brands include the Tapered-screw vented implant, Hex Lock Contour Abutments and one piece implants.
- Biomet 3i – Based in Florida, Biomet 3i offers a very comprehensive line of dental implants as well as abutments. Their technologies also ensure adequate site preparation and some regenerative products. BIOMET 3i pioneered the development of biologically driven dental implants, and
- Straumann – based in Massachusetts, the Straumann Group focuses on oral tissue regeneration technologies and products as well as restorative dentistry, including implants. Their focus is creating techniques and technologies to encourage optimal tissue regeneration to implant technologies.
Major dental implant manufacturers as those listed above offer innovative and unique solutions for a variety of dental problems, approaches to care, technology and development. Additional dental implant manufacturers, such as Astra Tech, BioHorizons, Implant Innovations and CenterPulse also offer unique technologies and materials in the field of dentistry.
Patients seeking dental implants should not only research providers and techniques that suit their needs, but the source of materials and innovations used to receive the best in quality, experience and effective dental care. And if there’s a large discrepancy in price, your dentist may be sacrificing quality. The internet is no substitute for a qualified dentist but it can offer up-to-date information and resources regarding dental providers, like prosthodontists, trained and experienced in using the latest technologies and materials for dental implants. If we can be of any help please feel free to contact us for a complimentary evaluation.
Novy Scheinfeld, DDS, PC
290 Carpenter Drive, 200A
Sandy Springs, GA 30328
- Dentist East Cobb: What you probably don’t know about Cosmetic Dentists (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist East Cobb: Why you might be better off seeing a Prosthodontist (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist in Sandy Springs: Your Natural Choice in Tooth Replacement (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Roswell: The Right Smile (by a prosthodontist) (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
6 thoughts on “Dentist Buckhead: Too much information—about dental implants!!”