It seems to be prevalent these days that most dentists are touting themselves cosmetic dentists. But in reality, there is no such specialty designated as cosmetic dentistry. If there was a cosmetic specialty it would probably come under the ADA sanctioned prosthodontic degree. With the passage of time prosthodontic dentists are gaining popular recognition as patients become more familiar with the advances in modern dentistry. Of the 160 thousand dentists in the country only about six (6%) percent are trained prosthodontists. They are expert dentists with a post graduate ADA recognized degree centered around a complete knowledge of dentistry, where function as well as beautification of teeth are combined in the final result.
There are a lot of people in this world who just weren’t born with beautiful smiles or for other circumstances ended up with damaged teeth. Some inherited stains from medicines their parents took prior to child birth, while others developed discolorations through the years that make their appearance unattractive whenever they open to either talk or smile. These people can be helped by prosthodontic dentists who specialize in the cosmetic restorations that provide methods, procedures and plans which ultimately improve their personality as much as improves their mouth.
The first advantage of a prosthodontist is time related. As a result of their extensive post graduate training and experience with difficult cases, modern techniques take much less time in the beautification of the teeth as compared to older ordinary dentistry. Techniques and procedures as common as in-house whitening which takes only couple of hours as opposed to otherwise days of the repeated home bleaching have become fairly common place and routine in the restoration of a smile.
Another major change related to teeth is implants. In the past there had been an extensive time period involved in replacing missing teeth. Now, while still a complex procedure there are alternatives that with significant preparation allow for teeth to be implanted in a day and utilized by the patient shortly thereafter. The prosthodontist is generally considered the quarterback of most implant procedures.
Finally, technology often comes into play with veneers which are made up of a special material and again while technique sensitive are very easy to incorporate into quick, favorable and long lasting natural results. The combination of all of these techniques rest comfortably within the purview of a prosthodontist’s training and expertise. A comprehensive approach by a prosthodontist is the best way to get your inner confidence boosted and your personality improved. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.
Dr. Scheinfeld received her prosthodontics degree from Emory University School of Dentistry in 1988.
Novy Scheinfeld, DDS, PC
290 Carpenter Drive, 200A
Atlanta (Sandy Springs), GA 30328
- Cosmetic Dentists aren’t always cracked up to what they seem to be. (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentistry Sandy Springs – New directions in oral health care (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Sandy Springs – Success Rates of Dental Implants (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- The future of Implant Dentistry is here now. (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- All About Cosmetic Dentistry (everydayhealth.com)
- Dentist Dunwoody: Teeth Bleaching (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dunwoody Dental: Is the Right Smile Center right for me? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist serving Dunwoody named ‘America’s Top Dentist’ in 2011 (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Sandy Springs: Why you might be better off seeing a Prosthodontist (therightsmile.wordpress.com)