The uncontrolled growth and spread of abnormal cells causes cancer. Although all cancers have similar characteristics each is distinct. Genetics plays an important role in development of cancer, but along with that environmental factors, our diet and lifestyle too has a role.
Top 10 ways to protect yourself from cancer:
1. Don’t smoke: Cigarette smoke is the number one carcinogen responsible for cancer.
2. Limit your alcohol intake: Heavy drinkers are more likely to develop oral cancer and cancer of larynx, throat, esophagus, liver and breast.
3. Stay out of the Sun: wearing sun-screen is better that using nothing.
4. Get moving: exercise- the heart strengthener and stamina builder also can reduce the risk of colon cancer. Women who exercise early in life are less likely to develop breast cancer.
5. Watch your weight: Obesity increases the risk of several cancers including endometrial cancer particularly among post menopausal women.
6. Check yourself out: Scan…
View original post 206 more words