The single most important benefit of dental implants is the effect they have on bone retention. The implant functions like a tooth root and consequently helps retain your facial bone structure. Beyond that there are many secondary benefits including:
- Improved appearance – Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent and function like your own teeth.
- Reduced oral Impact – Dental implants avoid reducing other healthy teeth, as in the impact of a tooth-supported bridge. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant the long term oral health of your existing teeth are enhanced.
- Improved oral health – Individual implants allow easier access between teeth by floss and tooth brushes, improving oral hygiene.
- Improved eating – Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain as opposed to the sliding of a denture.
- Longevity – Implants are very durable and with proper care can last a lifetime. But if the (exposed) crown should fracture or deteriorate, it can be replaced without impacting the implant structure.
- Improved self-esteem – Implants avoid speech problems that frequently occur with dentures. They eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures that impacts self-esteem. They avoid slippage issues with dentures. And they eliminate the consciousness that accompanies removable dentures.
Dental implants create a basis for enjoying your life that doesn’t otherwise exist with bridges and removable devices in the mouth.
If we can be of service or answer any of your questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.
Novy Scheinfeld, DDS, PC
290 Carpenter Drive, 200A
Atlanta (Sandy Springs), GA 30328
 In addition to retaining bone structure, dental implants have about a 98% success rate.
- Roswell Prosthodontist: Considering Dental Implants? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Dunwoody: Dental Implants 101 (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Sandy Springs: How much do dental implants cost? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)