Professional teeth cleanings performed by a certified dental hygienist are the foundation to maintaining a healthy mouth and preventing future gum disease and tooth decay. Actively preventing periodontal disease and tooth decay starts at home, augmented with regular dental cleanings and oral exams, you should be able to maintain a healthy, beautiful smile.
In a professional dental cleaning, our hygienist will:
- Remove plaque and tarter from the teeth and gum line
- Remove calculus below the gum line with procedures that can only be performed by professional and may even require anti-biotics
- Remove stains and polish your teeth
- Administer x-rays where and when necessary
- Check for signs of oral cancer
Our practice offers preventive care that includes comprehensive cleaning, fluoride treatment, sealants, oral examinations and periodontal treatments that help you maintain your smile’s health and beauty. Brushing your teeth twice-daily and regular flossing at least once a day are necessary for maintenance between office visits, but a healthy mouth and beautiful smile can only be achieved with routine general and preventive care by a dentist.
The added advantage of a multi-specialty practice is our in-house periodontist. So if you have an issue that exceeds the ability or training of our hygienists, you can still be examined and treated in our office. If we can be of service please contact us for a complementary consult with one our team.
Novy Scheinfeld, DDS, PC
290 Carpenter Drive, 200A
Atlanta (Sandy Springs), GA 30328
- Sandy Springs Teeth Cleaning (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Sandy Springs Periodontist: What are periodontal diseases? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Alpharetta: How Much Do Teeth Cleanings Cost? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Warning signs of Periodontal Disease : Sandy Springs Periodontist (therightsmile.wordpress.com)