A cracked or broken tooth do not always show any visible signs of damage, but may present a variety of symptoms, including sensitivity to hot and cold, or hit-or-miss pain when chewing. And there are times when there are no symptoms at all. But the problem is that eventually the pulp will become infected to the point where is can no longer repair itself. Once this happens, the infection can spread to the bone and gum tissue that surrounds the tooth.
Early diagnosis and treatment are important to saving these teeth. The goal is to prevent a broken or cracked tooth from progressing to the point where you lose the entire tooth. So as much as you hate it, call us, we can help. If you have a cracked or broken tooth chances are you will need to undergo a root canal and have a crown restoration to return your tooth to a strong and healthy part of your oral health.
Types of cracked teeth:
- Craze lines – tiny cracks in the enamel
- Cracked as in extending from the enamel to the root
- Fractured Cusp – weakened but not yet broken off
- Vertical root fracture – they start at the root and are working their way up to the surface above the gum line
- Split tooth – readily identifiable split with a separation between the parts of the tooth
Our office performs a variety of in-house specialties from endodontics (root canals), periodontics and implant placement and restoration. If we can be of help or answer your questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact us.
Novy Scheinfeld, DDS, PC
Hanna Orland, DMD
290 Carpenter Drive, 200A
Atlanta (Sandy Springs), GA 30328
- Dentist Sandy Springs: How much does tooth bonding cost? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Sandy Springs: Amazing Dental Implants (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Sandy Springs Dentist Novy Scheinfeld is a Prosthodontist. (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Dunwoody: The Good News About Root Canals (therightsmile.wordpress.com)