Teeth grinding (bruxism) causes serious damage to your teeth. With so much at stake, it’s no wonder that grinders are willing to spend a lot of money on custom occlusal guards (or splints) to protect their valuable smile. But how much is too much? And exactly how much should an occlusal guard cost?
The reason this question is so important is because a) not everyone who grinds their teeth has dental insurance, and b) dental insurance doesn’t always cover a night guard for teeth grinding. In fact, in many cases, insurance pays less than half the time – and not always for the full cost. Sorry to say it, but most of the time, dental night guard cost is your cost.
The guard price varies by dentist, depending on the expertise of the dentist and their location. In most cases, your dentist will take bite impressions. The bite impression is a routine procedure that any competent dentist or dental hygienist should be able to perform. A typical price for an acrylic occlusal night guard is about $300-400, but $500 or more is not uncommon.
Having the feeling of trust in your oral healthcare provider may also play a role in the decision process. We generally don’t sell product as a goal. Ethically, the more important factor in assessing your needs is what drives us to the decision of whether or not we recommend an occlusal guard for your care. If we can be of assistance please do not hesitate to call or email us.
Novy Scheinfeld, DDS, PC
ZoAnna Scheinfeld, MS, DMD
Hanna Orland, DMD
Howard Abrahams, DDS
3781 Chamblee Dunwoody Road
Chamblee, GA 30341
290 Carpenter Drive, 200A
Atlanta (Sandy Springs), GA 30328
 An ounce of prevention goes a long way towards avoiding a pound of cure with bruxism.
- Dentist Sandy Springs: Marketing of Products or Procedures (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Sandy Springs: How Much Do Dentures Cost? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Sandy Springs: How Much Do Dental Bridges Cost? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Sandy Springs: How much does having a tooth pulled cost? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Sandy Springs: How Much Do Dental X-rays Cost? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)