Sure, regular cleanings promote good oral hygiene, but did you know these visits also screen for a multitude of diseases? Getting your teeth cleaned and having your doctor’s exam may not rank up there with an afternoon of golf or a matinee movie, but it may be well worth it for your overall health.
4 really great reasons for your regularly scheduled cleanings:
- It’s an opportunity to check for Oral Cancer.
You may or may not realize that you’re screened for oral cancer during your regular dental cleaning but you are.
- Your gums are being checked for Gum Disease.
Gum disease is one of the leading causes of adult tooth loss. It can be treated and reversed if diagnosed early.
- Your overall health.
Studies have linked heart attacks, diabetes detection and strokes to gum disease associated with poor oral hygiene. So a trip to see us at least every 6 months could reduce your risk of other serious health issues.
- Early detection of Dental Problems.
Without regular check-ups, undetected problems can lead to more serious issues like root canals, gum surgery and tooth extraction. An ounce of prevention verses a pound of cure.
Check-ups allow us to examine your mouth and keep you on the right path. If it’s been more than 6 months since your last check up and cleaning, call us to schedule an appointment today. If we can be of any help or answer any questions please feel free to drop us a line.
Novy Scheinfeld, DDS, PC
ZoAnna Scheinfeld, MS, DMD
Hanna Orland, DMD
3781 Chamblee Dunwoody Road
Chamblee, GA 30341
290 Carpenter Drive, 200A
Atlanta (Sandy Springs), GA 30328
- Dentist Dunwoody: How Often Should I See the Dentist? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dunwoody Dentist: I read this on Webmd.com (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist East Cobb: Success Rates of Dental Implants (therightsmile.wordpress.com)