A standard teeth cleaning by a dental hygienist can cost $75-$200, depending on the dentist’s office and local rates. But it’s usually covered by your insurance, whether your in or out of network. CostHelper readers report paying $80-$175, or an average cost of $127 for just a routine cleaning. In order to have a meaningful examination by the dentist, a teeth cleaning appointment will also include dental X-rays. Dental insurance typically covers some of the cost of deep cleaning procedures, depending on the terms of the policy or plan.
CostHelper readers with dental insurance coverage for deep cleaning report paying $360-$437 out of pocket, with an average cost of $377. With dental insurance, preventive care may cost you little or nothing on top of your monthly premium, depending on the plan you select. Because dental coverage is designed with preventive care in mind, the vast majority of dental plans cover two preventive care visits per year at or near 100 percent.
Prevent Gum Disease
- Periodic teeth cleanings remove the plaque that you have missed when you go in for regular dental checkups, which prevent gum disease and keep your mouth healthy.
Help You Keep Your Teeth
- If gum disease is left unchecked, plaque will move further into the tooth root and destroy the supporting bone, which can loosen teeth and make them fall out.
Give You a Brighter, Whiter Smile
- Foods, drinks and bad habits like smoking can all stain your teeth. Going in for cleanings can help whiten your teeth.
Prevent Bad Breath
- Cleanings promote good oral hygiene, which is key to preventing bad breath.
Improve Overall Health
- Dental health is tied to your overall health. Taking care of your dental health will keep you healthy.
We are a multi-specialty practice with the goal of providing you with best oral care in metro-Atlanta. Give us a call or email us for a complimentary consult.
Novy Scheinfeld, DDS, PC
ZoAnna Scheinfeld, MS, DMD
Hanna Orland, DMD
Howard Abrahams, DDS
290 Carpenter Drive, 200A
Sandy Springs, GA 30328
3781 Chamblee Dunwoody Road
Chamblee, GA 30341
 American Dental Association. “Oral Health.” Accessed May 4, 2017. http://www.mouthhealthy.org/en/az-topics/o/oral-health