In addition, the cost varies depending on materials, complexity and the dentist’s training and experience and to some degree the location of the practice. Insurance may pay part of a crown’s cost if it’s obviously needed for medical reasons, but usually crowns are covered only on a limited basis per year.
Depending on the customers’ needs and wishes, partial and full crowns made of various materials may be utilized. Crowns have been made of gold, porcelain, resin or porcelain-fused-metal, and now zirconia.
The crown covers the entire surface of a tooth, adding strength, durability and stability. This usually requires two office visits; first to prepare the tooth, make an impression and install a temporary crown. The impression is sent to a dental laboratory or manufactured in-house with the use of a CAD aided milling machine to create the permanent crown, which is installed during the second appointment.
There’s obviously the initial office visit ($65-$102) and X-rays ($85-$135). One must not forget that there are additional costs that contribute to the overall price involved in crowns which are beyond the patient’s control. A large share of undervalued costs goes toward the treatment itself, lab and production costs for the crown, aftercare and the like.
With proper care a crown may last 10 or more years. Depending upon the general wear and tear, it could last indefinitely. With somewhere between 10 and indefinitely, the investment becomes rather modest, if not inexpensive.
Novy Scheinfeld, DDS, PC
ZoAnna Scheinfeld, MS, DMD
Hanna Orland, DMD
290 Carpenter Drive, 200A
Atlanta (Sandy Springs), GA 30328
3781 Chamblee Dunwoody Road
Chamblee, GA 30341
Thank you for all your referrals. We truly appreciate them.
Information included is not dental or medical advice. For your specific information
be sure to consult your dentist.
- Dentist Sandy Springs: Dental Emergency? Physician or Dentist? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Alpharetta: The future of Implant Dentistry is now. (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Dunwoody: What you probably don’t know about Cosmetic Dentists (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Sandy Springs: How Much do Veneers Cost? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Roswell: How Much Do Teeth Cleanings Cost? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist East Cobb: How much do dental implants cost? (therightsmile.wordpress.com)