Prosthodontics, also known as dental prosthetics or prosthetic dentistry, is one of nine dental specialties recognized by the American Dental Association, Royal College of Dentists of Canada, and Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons. Prosthodontics is the dental specialty pertaining to the diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation and maintenance of the oral function, comfort, appearance and health of patients with clinical conditions associated with missing or deficient teeth and/or oral and maxillofacial tissues using biocompatible substitutes.
According to the American College of Prosthodontists, a prosthodontist is a dentist who:
- Specializes in the esthetic (cosmetic) restoration and replacement of teeth.
- Receives three to four years of additional training after dental school.
- Restores optimum appearance and function to your smile. The treatment planning and restoration of implants, temporomandibular joint disorder, and rehabilitation of occlusion with prostheses all fall under the field of prosthodontics.
Dr. Scheinfeld is an Emory trained prosthodontist practicing in the Metro Atlanta areas of Buckhead, Sandy Springs, Vinings, Smyrna, East Cobb, Roswell, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Dunwoody and Norcross.
Novy Scheinfeld, DDS, PC
290 Carpenter Drive, 200A
Atlanta (Sandy Springs), GA 30328
- Dentist Dunwoody: The Right Smile (by a prosthodontist) (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Dunwoody: What you probably don’t know about Cosmetic Dentists (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Top Atlanta Prosthodontist – Novy Scheinfeld, DDS (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Dentist Sandy Springs – ADA Accredited Prosthodontist is Your Cosmetic Dentist (therightsmile.wordpress.com)
- Atlanta Dentist – Dr. Novy Scheinfeld, Prosthodontic Trained by Emory University (therightsmile.wordpress.com)